Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Art of Detangling Part II

Hey hey


   
   So this is a follow up to my previous post. If you remember I did mention that detangling was a skill for you know how much hair one can lose if not done properly. I know most ladies love smooth and neat looking hair especially when the hair is pull into a bun. Enough chitchat, let's us get to it.

   Use your fingers to run through your locks like you would do with a comb. Try to seperate any action against knots or tangles you may find. Your fingers are gentle and will cause less damage to your tresses.

  Once you are done, you may now use your comb starting with a wide-tooth comb. For best results use seamless combs. They have smoother and well refined teeth as compared to the ordinary ones. The wide spaces between the teeth reduces the risk of damage. Begin by combing the tips of your hair and slowly work your way up. This process is efficient as it eliminates unnecessary breakage by creating easy passage for the teeth as you detangle from the bottom to the top.
                                 
                    

   Once you are done,  you may follow this with a medium tooth comb. Obviously, its teeth are smaller and will give you a sleeker look. Don't forget to work your way from the tips to the top as well.


    I believe that you must have accomplished a beautiful look by now. Except if you wish to use that tiny comb which I dread, lol. The rat tailed comb as it's popularly called should not be the first detangling tool you use even after you may have finger detangled or not. It can cause more damage as the tiny spaces between the teeth can rip through your tresses especially if there are tangles. This comb should not be used too frequently. Most times I use it to brush the top of my hair once it's in a bun and not that I run it through. I only do that if I'm wearing a weave or wig.


   Do tell me what type(s) of combs you use or have. Do you follow this method to detangle?

No comments:

Post a Comment